Warning: This site is primarily for myself, to lookup things I’ve already done in the past but could be interesting for you as well.
This page is an attempt to bring several things to paper, which are otherwise only in my head. There’s much I’ve done already in over 17 years of experience in computer & programming.
I’ll document some adventures encountered while programming several things.
This is a section with mostly system related topics (ex. list open files in cmd.exe, SSH port tunneling, etc.). I’ve divided it in several categories beginning with Unix based operating systems such as Linux or macOS. For macOS specific topics I’ve put them in a separate category.
Linux / Unix / macOS
- Set system time behind http proxy
- Create SSH port tunnel
- Debug Bash script
- Show connections and open sockets/ports
- Ubuntu: Apple Keyboard generates strange space character
- Use Linux behind a proxy
- Use mplayer in terminal
- Search in files
- Find empty directories
- Record traffic with tcpdump
- Use CrossOver in a shell script
- Mac won’t go to sleep
- Parallels - prl_disp_service won’t start
- VMWare Fusion - Network not available
- Limit network bandwidth
- Delete undeletable files
- PowerShell: Change encoding
- PowerShell: Natural Scrolling
- Reset Permissions to default
- Delete files oder than X days
- Import Windows Events into MySQL
This section is for database related topics, which come up working with databases in a developers life.